The team from Reload was once again in attendance at this month’s Networx event, with the October edition being held at the newly refurbished Lord Alfred Hotel in Petrie Terrace. The topic for the evening was ”Brand Engagement through Imagery and Stories’, with a specific focus on how businesses can utilise Instagram as a means of building their brand presence across the web.
This month’s panel of Instagram experts included Ash Daniec, Creator and Director of SoBa, Kory McAvoy, Creative Director of Engine Group and Nathan Biddle, Multimedia Deisgner and Producer for the Brisbane Broncos. Facilitating the panel was Elizabeth Gibbons of Zeroseven.
As always, there were plenty of insights about how to get the most out of Instagram and take advantage of it’s unique and engaging features. For those who were unable to make it, or anybody after a recap, here are some the key takeaways from last night’s event:
- Authenticity is key, you need to live and breathe the brand’s values and practice what you preach.
- Focus on building a community in real life first and attempt to replicate and foster that across digital
- Use Instagram Stories for a more intimate, behind the scenes look at your brand. Helps to connect and build upon your community.
- Don’t force it. If it’s not working, always come back to your why. If Instagram Stories (or any channel for that matter) are not resonating with your audience, you’re wasting your time!
- Most importantly – ensure that your customers are receiving a consistent brand experience across all channels.
— Melissa Black (@melissablack86) October 30, 2018
And that’s it for another month of Networx!
November will host the final Networx evening for 2018. The topic ‘Strategy & Innovation for 2019’ will be taking a peek into what the digital landscape is shaping up to like in the upcoming year. It’s also a cause for celebration with the yearly Christmas party scheduled for after the panel discussion. You can get your tickets here.
Hope to see you there!