March 12, 2010
Integrate Your Digital Strategy: The IDS Approach
If you haven’t heard already, there’s a new buzzword in town. Integrated Digital Strategy or IDS. At the centre of this theory, is the idea that your business’ digital and online marketing elements need to be fully integrated into your complete marketing approach.
“Googling it” has become a common form of follow up action after hearing a radio ad or viewing an ad on TV. This means that there is no clear cut segmentation between online consumers and offline consumers.
The benefits of creating an integrated digital strategy are numerous. In short, however, one of the best outcomes of implementing an IDS is that just about everything can be tracked.
For example, different website URLs can be referenced in offline advertisements which can then be tracked using code like Google Analytics. This means that you can track the actual advertising sources that your users are coming from.
But what does it mean for your digital marketing strategies? We’ve included a quick check list below to help you check the health of your digital strategy.
- Do you have Google Analytics installed on your website? YES / NO
- Do you have code installed in all your links on your website to track which link has been clicked? YES / NO
- Are you ranking in the search engines for slogans and tag lines that are used in your offline advertisements? YES / NO
- Are you using promotional codes or unique URLs in your offline advertising so that you can track where your website visitors are coming from? YES / NO
- Are your digital offers available offline as well, in-store or over the phone? YES / NO
If you answered no to any of the above questions, your digital strategy may not be fully integrated. Contact Reload today to discuss how we can help your business get the most out of your marketing strategies.